At After the Hype, we believe Black Lives Matter. To amplify melanated voices and to help educate those who strive for a more anti-racist world, we’ve compiled some of the media we’ve been consuming this week to better our own understandings.
– So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
– White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
– This Nonviolent Stuff’ll Get You Killed by Charles E. Cobb, Jr.
– LoveCraft Country by Matt Rough
– Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Movies & TV
– 13th – Available on Netflix
– Dear White People – Available on Netflix
– Blindspotting – Available on HBO
Links to Resources
– Media about race that parents can show their children
– President Obama’s List of Reading and Resources
Samantha Garrison belongs to a Saint Bernard named Laddi, so her life is an endless stream of drool. She believes in Ewoks, the true saviors of the galaxy far far away, Tilda Swinton, and a world without Jurassic Park sequels.